Saturday, July 7, 2007

Back...haven't really been updating

So I'm back in Canada. It's weird how you get thrown back into your old life in an instant. The very next day I was attending meetings, taking phone calls, running errands for my parents, and the list continues. I'm not sure what to make of it all just yet. I like being busy though, less time to think about the kids. I don't exactly like going through the pictures, because it makes me sad to remember what I have left behind in South Africa. After you build bonds, care for, love, give attention, feed these children for 6 weeks...you just leave. Luckily our goodbye wasn't that hard. I didn't really feel like I was leaving the kids, I knew I would be back one day. It was actually a lot of fun, we were all running around taking pictures, making videos...well mostly the older kids had my camera. I don't think the volunteer coordinator was too happy, but I could care less, it was my last shift..last moments for now, with these wonderful, loveable, adorable, amazing children. I have never seen such adorable children in my life. They have very little compared to kids in the western world, yet the smiles on their faces would indicate they truly just love having fun, love loving, love kissing, love hugging...and are quite content. Not to say they don't get sad, or have trouble sleeping, get sick or miss their parents and siblings.

It is nice to be back and be able to talk to my friends and family, you guys :). It was because of the support from everyone that I had, that I was even able to go to Africa for the amount of time that I did. So thank you.

I will try and write some of my experiences, hopefully in more of an organized sense than I have been doing so. Until then, here are some more pictures...

1. Harlene with Simnikiwe
2.Me with Keketso..love him
3.Nokuthula
4.Jessica kissing me, and Pisa
5.Bianda and I, we're matching :)

-------------------




1. The careworkers with children
2.The older children playing Ring-around-the-rosie but in Xhosa
3.Vicky with Samkele
4.Filipe, Me and Ayabanga after their Step dance rehearsal
5. Fololo, a sweetheart

No comments: